Chisapani Nagarkot Trek is a short three-day trekking trip nearby the Kathmandu valley. Chisapani Nagarkot Trek offers beautiful nature and village walk experiences, and stunning mountain views such as Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, and even Mt. Everest in the far distance.
The hiking trail goes through the natural forest of pine and oak, past Tamang villages with the most brilliant views of the Northern mountains of the Himalayas. Chisapani Nagarkot Trek is the best option to escape from the chaos of the bustling city and submerge in the tranquillity of nature.
Chisapani is a peaceful hilltop village to the northeast of Kathmandu valley and is a popular hiking route and weekend gate away for the locals. Chisapani is about a day's trek from Sundarijal hiking along the ridge through the Shivapuri National Park.
From Sundarijal, the hike further moves towards Nagarkot, yet another hilltop village that offers magnificent views of mountains, including the Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Jugal, and Mt. Everest at the far distance.
• Panoramic mountain views.
• Mesmerizing sunrise and sunset view from Nagarkot.
• Opportunity to meet and learn more about the lifestyle of the local people.
• Hike through the pine and oak forest of the Shivapuri National Park.
• Visit one of the oldest temples in the valley.
Day 1. Drive to Sundarijal-Hike to Chisapani(2100m/4-5 hr)
After breakfast, drive for about an hour to Sundarijal. From Sundarijal, we start our hike over the stone-paved path to the entrance of the Shivapuri National Park. The trail then goes through the Shivapuri National Park with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Overnight in a local village lodge.
Day 2. Hike to Nagarkot(2175m/6-7 hr)
Wake up early to enjoy the sunrise view over the Himalayas. After breakfast, we hike through lush countryside, past some villages with a beautiful view of Nagarkot. Located at an altitude of 2175m, Nagarkot boasts stunning views of 8 out of 14 Himalayan ranges of Nepal. Enjoy the panoramic view of the mountains and the sunset view. Overnight in a resort.
Day 3. Hike to Changu Narayan(3-4 hr)-Drive to Kathmandu(1 hr)
After enjoying the beautiful sunrise view, we hike toward Changunarayan temple. The hike is a gradual downhill walk through a ridge past small villages to Changunarayan. Changunarayan is the oldest temple in Nepal, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. After exploring this UNESCO world heritage site, we drive back to Kathmandu and end our hiking trip.
• All transfers by private vehicle.
• Accommodation in a local village lodge in Chisapani and in a resort in Nagarkot.
• All meals during the trek.
• All necessary paperwork and permits.
• English speaking local guide.
• All government fees and service charges.
• Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
• Any other meals not specified above.
• Porter service(optional as per requirement at extra cost)
• Hiking gears.
• Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, internet, etc.
• Anything not mentioned in the included section.
Trip Price From US$ 190
Trip AccommodationChisapani: Local village lodge Nagarkot: Club Himalaya Resort