Terms & Conditions
Payment schedule, cancellation charges, rights, Liability
PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Any person completing the online booking form (which incorporates these terms) warrants to Wind Horse Holidays that he/she has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon
Price & Validity:
Prices are based in US Dollars. Listed prices are based on airfares, exchange rates and costs in effect. Wind Horse reserve the right to alter prices if these exchanges rates, local taxes and other prices increase extensively. One other advantage of early booking and payment is that we absorb smaller hikes and price increases. Dates and itineraries are valid for current year. Beyond current year, prices, and itineraries are indicative only.
What is Included: All scheduled small group journeys typically include transfers, sightseeing with entrance fees, English speaking local guides and accommodation, meals. Meals included are indicated by B/L/D (B for breakfast, L for lunch, D for dinner). Trips to Bhutan include also include Bhutan Visa fees, royalties. Trips to Tibet include Tibet permit for the duration (Chinese visa required). Most internal flight costs also include airport taxes. Pre-departure information. Visa information kit (if applicable). Office administration and support. Itinerary research and design. Final document
- Visa for countries other then Bhutan.
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, laundry, beverages, bottled waters in restaurants, optional tips or gratuities to local staffs.
- Some sightseeing spots or monuments may charge fees to allow you to enter with your camera or Camcorder.
- At the time of printing this brochure, airport or departure taxes in Nepal was payable in cash by the passengers themselves at check-in
- Any additional costs involved in changing an itinerary either due to your own choice or due to force majeure (acts of God, war, labor strikes, earthquake, flooding, etc.). Travel Insurance and international flights are available on request only.
Deposit and Payment Schedule
- At time of reservation……$200 per person (non refundable deposit)
- Additional payments for critical internal air and hotel or land segments during peak season may be required and will be informed as is known to us.
- Final payment ………..70 days prior to departure.
- A late booking fee up to $200 may apply for late reservation on our small group journeys (not for private departures).
- Payment schedules for cruises, private departures, and certain internal air or special events may vary.
- Prices are quoted in US dollars and all payments must be made in US dollars or its equivalent.
- Reservation deposit is accepted by credit card but there may be additional fees to pay the remainder by Credit Card.*Accepted forms of payments besides credit cards are Personal or Certified Checks, Drafts, Money Order, Wire Transfers and Traveler's checks.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- 91 days prior departure, forfeiture of booking deposit ($200 per person)
- 61-90 days prior to the departure $400 per person or 25% of the total trip cost, whichever is higher.
- 45 days prior to departure: $600 per person or 50 % of the Land Cost (whichever is higher).
- Between 44-31days prior to departure, 75 % or $800 (whichever is higher)
- 30 days or less : no refunds
- No partial refund will be granted on unused land portion once tour has begun for any reason whatsoever.Wind Horse Holidays, Inc must normally make substantial payments to its suppliers (hotels, transportation companies, etc.) far in advance of the scheduled trip date. If a trip is canceled due to force majeure (acts of God, war, labor strikes, earthquake, flooding, etc.), Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. will promptly refund the portion of the trip cost not already advanced to suppliers and use its best efforts to recover and refund the balance as promptly as possible. However, Wind Horse Holidays, Inc, does not guarantee recovery of any or all of the advance payments made, and our use of best efforts to recover these payments will not include the institution of any legal proceedings in foreign jurisdictions.
- Claims for refund of services not rendered must be accompanied by a statement from the Tour Manager/Guide or local Wind Horse Holidays representative certifying exactly the services not rendered.
- Voluntary non-usage of hotel accommodations, tour features and services are nonrefundable or exchangeable for other accommodations, tour features and services.• Travel insurance, visa fee, and visa handling fee are nonrefundable.
- Since most airline tickets are discounted in Wind Horse Holidays tour packages, refund may be subject to penalty from supplier/airline and it may not be in full face value, and may require prepayment of processing fee to Wind Horse Holidays. Please allow 4-6 weeks to process refund, and longer for airline ticket refund.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation policies of certain services such flights, cruises, critical hotels during special events and some private departures are often more stricter. The cancellation charges for these services are in addition to Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. cancellation policy.
For changes you make after the booking has been made, you will be charged a fee of $50 plus actual fees imposed by the suppliers such as hotels, airlines etc.
It is highly recommend that all clients are individually insured, either through Wind Horse or independently. Travel insurance with emergency medical evacuation, medical expense, and adequate coverage for death, repatriation, trip interruptions, Cancellation, Baggage loss, damage etc is very important part of any trip. We emphasize that Insurance is very important.
Limitation of Liability:
Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. owners, agents, employees, and affiliated companies, hereby give notice that services provided in connection with its itineraries, including transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurants, and other services, are purchased from various independent suppliers or affiliate supplier. Although it endeavors to choose the best suppliers available, Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. has no right to control their operations and therefore makes these travel arrangements upon the express condition that Wind Horse Holidays, Inc., and its own agents and employees, shall not be liable for any delay, mishap, inconvenience, expense, irregularity, bodily injury or death to person, or damage to property occasioned through the conduct or default of any company or individual engaged in providing these services.
Each of these passenger conveyance companies, tour companies, hotels, restaurants, etc., is subject to the laws of the state or country where the service is provided.
Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. reserves the right to
- to accept or reject all trip registrants and participants at its complete discretion
- to cancel any trip prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient signup or logisticalproblems that may impede trip operations. The refund of all land payments received shall release Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. from any further liability.
- the right to take photographic or film records of any of our trips, and may use any such records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
- the right to substitute trip leaders/Guides and hotels from those listed in the catalog, website or your itinerary, without notice.
- Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. reserves the right to decline, to accept or to restrain from further participation any person it judges to be incapable of meeting the rigors and requirements of participating in the activities, or any person whose actions or deportment impede trip operation or the rights, welfare, or enjoyment of other trip members. A refund based on cost of unused land services is the limit of Wind Horse Holidays Inc.'s responsibility in such a case.
Wind Horse Holidays, Inc shall not be liable for
- Wind Horse Holidays, Inc is not responsible for expenses incurred by trip members in preparing for a canceled trip (e.g., nonrefundable advance purchase air tickets, visa fees, inoculations, equipment, etc.) or for any additional arrangements should the trip member have embarked prior to the scheduled trip departure date.
- Expenses such as additional hotel nights and meals not specified in the individual trip itineraries that may be required either en route, prior to, or following a trip, when caused by individual clients' travel arrangements, by airline scheduling or airline schedule changes, canceled flights, missed flight connections, or by other factors not under the control of Wind Horse Holidays, Inc.
- Expenses incurred in recovering luggage lost by airlines, belongings left behind on a trip, or in shipping purchases or other goods home from abroad
- Bodily injury or property damage for any reason, including but not limited to acts of God, weather, quarantines, strikes, civil disturbance, theft, default, detention, annoyance, changes in government regulations, terrorism, war, or failure of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, etc., over which it (Wind Horse Holidays, Inc.) has no control.
- Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. is not responsible for expenses incurred by trip members in preparing for a canceled trip (e.g., nonrefundable advance purchase air tickets, visa fees, inoculations, equipment, etc.) or for any additional arrangements should the trip member have embarked prior to the scheduled group departure date.
- The acts of omission of any person or firm other than Wind Horse Holidays or its employees.
- Theft, mechanical breakdowns, governmental actions, political unrest, terrorism, strikes, lockouts, war, weather, acts of God or other factors and courses beyond our control.
- Acts of vandalism, air/land or sea piracy, burglaries, accidents, injuries, assaults or any physical harm to your property/person.
- Your failure to follow instructions including but not limited to check-in and checkout times and baggage handling
- Your failure to obtain required documentation including valid passports, visas and health certificates (where required), will not entitle for any refund.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in the trip designated on this application (or a trip which I may subsequently change to). I am voluntarily participating on the tour or expedition with knowledge that travel to the foreign countries and/or remote areas visited by this trip involves numerous risks and dangers including, but not limited to: the forces of nature; civil unrest; terrorism; roads, trails, hotels, vehicles, boats or other means of conveyance which are not operated or maintained at standards common in the United States; high altitude; accident or illness without access to means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies; the adequacy of medical attention once provided; physical exertion for which I am not prepared; consumption of alcoholic beverages; or negligence (but not willful or fraudulent conduct) on the part of Wind Horse Holidays, Inc., or others. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, being a reason for my voluntary participation.I HEREBY AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN WELFARE, AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF DELAY, UNANTICIPATED EVENTS, ILLNESS, INJURY, EMOTIONAL TRAUMA, OR DEATH
RELEASE I acknowledge that the cost of all Wind Horse trips is based upon Trip Participants executing this Release of Liability and Assumption of All Risks. Therefore, as lawful consideration for being permitted to participate on such trip (s), I hereby RELEASE AND DISCHARGE WIND HORSE HOLIDYS, Inc AND ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE TOUR OR EXPEDITION. I agree that this release shall be legally binding upon myself, all minors under the age of 21 traveling with me, my heirs, successors, assigns, and legal representatives; it being my intention to fully assume all the risk of travel and to release Wind Horse Holidays, Inc., from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law.I understand that all applications are subject to acceptance by Wind Horse Holidays, Inc. and upon acceptance shall be deemed to have been entered into and to be performed in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In the unlikely event a legal dispute should arise involving any subject matter whatsoever, I agree that the following conditions will apply: (a) the dispute will be submitted to a neutral third-party mediator in Minneapolis, Minnesota with both parties splitting equally the costs of such a mediator. If the dispute cannot be resolved through mediation then (b) the dispute shall be submitted for binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association in Minneapolis, Minnesota (c) the dispute will be governed by Minneapolis law; and (d) the maximum amount of recovery to whichI will be entitled under any and all circumstances will be the land cost of my trip with Wind Horse Holidays, Inc
KNOWING AND VOLUNTARY EXECUTION I have carefully read and fully understand the contents and legal ramifications of this agreement as well as all the conditions as stated under Travelers Information, Terms and Conditions page, especially noting those regarding cancellation and refund policies, limitation of liability, and responsibility borne by trip participants. I understand this is a legally binding and enforceable contract and sign it of my own free will. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.