• UNESCO World Heritage Sites tour in Kathmandu.
• Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and back.
• Spend a day in Tourist hub Pokhara
• Get a taste of rural Nepalese life along the way.
• Beautiful sunrise view over the Annapurna ranges from Poon Hill.
• Visit Ghorepani, Gurung museum and learn more about the Gurung culture.
• Visit two Base Camps- Annapurna Base Camp and Machhapuchhre Base Camp
• Enjoy astonishing View of Hiunchuli, Annapurna South Annapurna I,Khangsar, Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Machhapuchhare from the base camp
• Enjoy a relaxing bath at the natural hot springs at Jhinu Danda.
The Annapurna Panorama Trek with Annapurna Base Camp is an amalgamation of two most popular treks in Nepal(Annapurna Base Camp Trek and the Annapurna Panorama Trek) This trek is easy in the beginning and offers plenty of time to acclimatize before we gain more altitude.
The trek begins from Nayapul, a short 1 hr drive from Pokhara and then a short hike will take us to Tikhedhunga. The trekking trail runs through the lower Annapurna region, through pine, rhododendron and juniper forest with spectacular views along the way. The initial objective of this trek is to reach the village of Ghorepani(2874m) a small Gurung village and hike up to Poonhill (3210m). Poon hill offers great sunrise views over the Himalayas including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri, Mt. Annapurna and many others.
From here the trail further runs through spectacular landscape across Tadapani, Chomrong, Bamboo and finally up to the Annapurna Base Camp where we will encounter the excellent views of the Machhapuchhre along with Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III and other prominent peaks.
Day 1. Arrival in Kathmandu.
Upon arrival meet our representative and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time you can either relax at your hotel or take a short walk to visit the Thamel area. Evening dinner at a traditional Nepali Restaurant. Overnight in hotel.
Day 2. In Kathmandu(trek preparation).
Today in the first half we will visit some of the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites within the city that includes Pashupatinath temple, Bouddhanath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Square. On the later part we shall keep as preparation for any last minute shopping for the trek. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara (910m) 6hrs
The drive from Kathmandu(208kms) to Pokhara goes along river banks, local villages, farm lands and beautiful mountain scenario. Along the way we shall stop to observe the scenic spot and also to stretch our legs. On arrival check into the hotel and relax or you have the option to stroll around the Phewa lake and visit the local market. Overnight in hotel.
Day 4. Pokhara to Tikkhedhunga(1500m/4-5hrs)
Drive about an hour or more to Nayapul, from where our trek begins. The trail passes through several villages like Lumle, Birethanti, farm lands and bamboo glades. The walk is gradual until a short ascent to Hille and from here it is a steep climb to Tikhedhunga. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani(2600m/6hrs)
The hike from Tikhedhunga is a steep ascent until Ulleri a large village where the majority of people belongs to the Magar community. From Ulleri it is a gradual ascent through forest of rhododendron crossing several streams. As we climb higher, the views get more striking, Mt. Annapurna south, Nilgiri south and some other peaks come into view. After crossing the Nange Thati we arrive at Ghorepani. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 6. Ghorepani to Poon Hill(3210m)– Tadapani(2675m)(5-6hrs)
Early morning climb to Poon Hill (3210m) for great sunrise views of the Himalayas including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tukuche Peak, Mt. Annapurna, Fishtail Mountain and other peaks. Poon hill is the highest point of this trek and offers best close up view on the Ghorepani trek. After enjoying the spectacular views of the Himalayas return back to Ghorepani for breakfast. After breakfast we will continue to Tadapani, the trail goes through forest of pine and rhododendron with some ascents and descents at some stretches. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 7. Tadapani to Chhomrong(2200m)
From Tadapani, it is a moderate descent through forest of rhododendron and oak. After crossing the stream we continue and reach Chhomrong. Chhomrong is mostly inhabited by the Gurung tribe and is also the gateway to the Annapurna Sanctuary.
Overnight in a trekkers lodge.
Day 8. Chhomrong to Bamboo(2400m)
The hike from Chhomrong is a gradual uphill hike followed by a steady walk passing Sinuwa and a gentle climb to Bamboo. Overnight in a trekkers lodge.
Day 9. Bamboo to Deurali(3500m) 5 hrs
The first part of our journey is a gradual uphill walk through glades of bamboo and rhododendron bushes along a river bed passing the Himalayan Hotel and finally ascend to Deurali. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 10. Deurali to ABC(4130m) 5hrs
The trek begins with a gentle climb and then turns into a steep climb over the mountain side and reach Machhapuchhre Base camp. Savor the excellent views of the Machhapuchhre along with Mt. Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna III and other peaks and continue on our journey. After about two or more hours we will finally land at the Annapurna Base Camp, the view from the Base camp is spellbinding. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 11. ABC to Bamboo.
Annapurna base camp is the ultimate destination of this trek. After breakfast we descend back to Bamboo which will take about 6 hours, today’s hike should not pose any difficulty as it is mostly downhill. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 12. Bamboo to Jhinu Danda(1700m)
From Bamboo, it is a downhill walk with some ascends and descends until Jhinu Danda. At Jhinu Danda we get to wear off the exhaustion of the trek with a soothing dip in the natural hot springs which every trekker long for. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 13. Jhinu Danda to Ghandruk(1940m)
After breakfast we descend down to the stream and climb up the stone pathway and ascend through bamboo groves with views of Jhinu Danda and Chhomrong village. The walk is slightly uphill with some downhill walk at some stretches through rhododendron forest until Ghandruk. We will have our lunch and explore the village, visit the Gurung Museum and the village monastery.
Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 14. Ghandruk-Pokhara
After breakfast we hike downhill across terraced rice fields and villages to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara. Rest of the afternoon is at leisure. Overnight in hotel.
Day 15. Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Drive to Kathmandu (6hrs) rest of the afternoon is free to shop around. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 16. Departure.
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
RouteKathmandu-Pokhara-Tikhedhunga-Ghorepani-Tadapani-Chhomrong-Bamboo-Deurali-Annapurna Base Camp-Jhinu Danda-Ghandruk-Pokhara-Kathmandu
Trip Type Trekking
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
• All transfers by private vehicle.
• Sightseeing with entrance fee accompanied by a local guide as per itinerary.
• Accommodation in above listed or similar hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara and in local village lodges/tea house during the trek.
• Only breakfast during the stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara with one welcome/farewell dinner. 3 standard meals including 3 coffee/tea during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two pax) during the trek.
• Guide, porter and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paper work and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
• Hire of sleeping bag on request with minimal cleaning charges.
• All Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry visa.
- International flight to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner or any other meal not specified above.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance(covering rescue and evacuation).
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
- Hot showers during the trek.
- Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like early return from the trek.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section.
3-4* hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara and in trekkers lodge/tea house while on trek.