Ghorepani Ghandruk trek is a short and relatively easy trek in the lower Annapurna region. This trek offers fantastic views of the mountains, with the glimpse of the traditional village life of the Gurung and Magar tribe along with the picturesque setting of the mountains dominating the background. The major highlight of this trek is the mesmerizing view of sunrise from the top of Poon Hill over the Annapurna, Machhapuchre and other peaks..
Ghorepani Ghandruk trek begins from Nayapul goes through the charming village of Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani and Ghandruk across dense rhododendron forest. This trek is recommended for those who are in short in days to do the Annapurna Base Camp trek but has a desire to get the feel of the ABC trek .
Itinerary in brief
Day 1. Pokhara to Tikkhedhunga(1500m/4-5hrs)
Our guide will pick you up from the hotel and drive for an hour to Nayapul, where we begin our trek. The trail ascends across cultivated fields and bamboo glades and past several villages like Birethanti, Hile, Sudami and arrive at Tikhedhunga. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 2. Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani(2874m/6hrs)
The hike from Tikhedhunga is a steep ascent until Ulleri a large village where the majority of the people belong to the Magar Tribe. From Ulleri it is a gradual hike with some ascend and descend through forest of rhododendron and Oak crossing several streams and arrive at Ghorepani. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 3. Ghorepani to Tadapani(2630m/6hrs)
Early morning we hike up to Poon Hill (3210m). Poon hill offers the best sunrise view with panoramic views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Machapuchhre, Nilgiri south, Annapurna I and other peaks. We then descend to Ghorepani for breakfast, following breakfast we continue through forests of pine and rhododendron to Tadapani. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. Tadapani to Ghandruk(2012m/4-5hrs)
Today’s hike will be mostly downhill, we will descend gently through forests of rhododendron and oak all the way to Ghandruk, a traditional Gurung village. In Ghandruk we will visit the traditional handicraft center and the Gurung museum to understand their culture and their way of life. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Ghandruk to Pokhara.
After breakfast we hike downhill across terraced rice fields and villages to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara to your hotel.
MealsAll meals including some tea/coffee.
Trip AccommodationTea house/trekkers lodge with basic amenities.
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsAll the year round except during the monsoon(June-Aug) season.
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Good MonthsJanuary, February, December
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Prices & Dates
• All hotel transfer by private vehicle.
• Accommodation in local village lodge/tea house with all meals during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two member) during the trek.
• Guide, porter and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paper work and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
• All Government taxes and service charges.
• Any other meal not specified above.
• Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
• Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
• Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like early return from the trek.
• All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
Accommodation in trekkers lodge/tea house during the trek.