- Explore Typical Gurung and Magar villages and enjoy their hospitality.
- Magnificent sunrise view over the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range from Poon Hill (3210 M).
- Short and easy trek through the most dazzling lands of the Himalayas.
- Trek through lush valleys and rhododendron forests.
Ghorepani Ghandruk trek is a short and relatively easy trek in the lower Annapurna region. The route goes through rhododendron forests, with the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri in the background. Sunrise view over the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Hiunchuli, and Machhapuchhre from the top of Poon Hill (3,210m) is the major highlight of this trek. This trek offers fantastic views of the mountains with a glimpse of the traditional village life of the Gurung and Magar people.
The Ghorepani Ghandruk trek begins with a drive from Pokhara to Nayapul. From Nayapul, the trail follows along the Modi Khola river to Tikhedhunga. The trek goes through a stunningly beautiful landscape and past forests of rhododendron. The most strenuous part is the uphill hike over 3300 stone steps up to Ulleri. From here, it’s a gradual uphill hike to Ghorepani village.
Ghorepani village is a beautiful village inhabited by Magar and Gurung people. Ghorepani is also a popular overnight stop for several treks like the Annapurna Circuit Trek, Khopra Ridge Trek, and Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Here, we will get the opportunity to observe the hillside village culture and lifestyle. Early next morning, we make our way to Poon Hill to view sunrise over the snowcapped Himalaya. Then we return to Pokhara through the large Gurung village of Ghandruk.
Day 1. Pokhara to Tikkhedhunga(1570m/4-5hrs)
Our guide will pick you up from the hotel and drive for an hour to Nayapul. Our trek begins from Nayapul along the Modi Khola valley to Tikhedhunga. The trail goes through the warm subtropical region, following the Modi Khola upstream to Birethanti. From Birethanti, we follow the Bhurungdi Khola across dense forest and beautiful views to Tikhedhunga. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 2. Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani(2874m/6hrs)
From Tikhedhunga, we descend to the Bhurungdi Khola and cross over a suspension bridge. Hereafter, it is a steep uphill hike over stone steps until Ulleri. The trail from Ulleri is a gradual one with some ascent and descent through forests of rhododendrons. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 3. Ghorepani to Tadapani(2610m/6hrs)
Early morning we hike up to Poon Hill (3210m). Poon hill offers the best sunrise view with panoramic views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Machapuchhre, Nilgiri south, Annapurna I, and other peaks. After spending some time, we descend to Ghorepani for breakfast. Following breakfast, we continue our journey towards Tadapani. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. Tadapani to Ghandruk(2012m/4-5hrs)
Today we descend gently through forests of rhododendron to Ghandruk. Ghandruk is a large traditional village with a monastery and a museum. We will visit the traditional handicraft center and the Gurung museum to understand the culture and way of life. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Ghandruk to Pokhara.
After breakfast, we hike downhill across terraced rice fields and villages to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara to your hotel.
MealsAll meals including some tea/coffee.
Trip AccommodationTea house/trekkers lodge with basic amenities.
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsAll the year round except during the monsoon(June-Aug) season.
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, October, November
Good MonthsJanuary, February, September, December
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Prices & Dates
The price is based on the number of participants:
- 8 members: US$280 per person.
- 6 members: US$300 per person.
- 4 members: US$335 per person.
- 2 members: US$420 per person.
- Single traveler: US$625.
- Transfer from Pokhara-Tikhedhunga-Nayapul-Pokhara in a private vehicle.
- Accommodation in local village lodge/tea house with all meals during the trek.
- English-speaking local guide along with a porter(one porter for every two-member) during the trek.
- All necessary paperwork and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
- All Government taxes and service charges.
- Hotel accommodation and meals in Pokhara.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
- Any extra cost forced upon by changing the itinerary due to your health, natural condition, political situation, or early return from the trek.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section.
Accommodation in trekkers lodge/tea house along the route.