- Explore the villages around Kathmandu valley.
- Spectacular views of Manaslu range, Dhaulagiri range, Annapurna range, Ganesh Himal, Langtang range, Gauri Shankar range, etc along the way.
- Stunning Mountain view and sunrise view from Nagarkot.
- Walk along the dense forest, lush landscape, and terraced farmlands.
- Meet locals along the way and learn more about their culture.
- Explore the Buddhist monastery and the ancient temples of Namobuddha & Panauti.
Hiking ridges around Kathmandu valley provide scenic mountain views. Besides, it also provides an insight into typical Nepali culture and lifestyle. This hike is suitable for those who have a short time and love to experience the rural Nepali culture and village life along with the stunning view of the Himalayas in a minimum number of days.
Hiking ridges is easy and suitable for all age groups as it does not involve a rigorous level of hiking. The journey passes through the hills with magnificent mountain views, particularly from Nagarkot. Nagarkot is the best viewpoint on this trekking route. Here you get to enjoy panoramic views of Ganesh Himal, Mt. Gaurishanker, Mt. Dorje Lakpa, Langtang Himal, Rolwaling Himal, and Mt. Everest at a far distance.
Hiking ridges begins with a short drive to Sundarijal, then a moderate uphill hike to Chisapani that takes about 5 hours. The trail from Sundarijal to Chisapani goes through the Shivapuri-Nagarjun National park. After spending a night in Chisapani, we head towards Nagarkot. The hike goes through small villages and settlements and is the best way to observe the Nepali villages along the trail. You can have great mountain views from Nagarkot. Nagarkot offers a 180-degree panoramic view of the Himalayas. From Nagarkot, we continue to Dhulikhel-Namobuddha-Balthali and Panauti. We end our hike in Panauti and drive back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 1. Kathmandu – Sundarijal – Chisopani (2075m/4-5hrs)
Our guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Kathmandu city vicinity and drive for about an hour to Sundarijal. From Sundarijal, we begin our hike. It is an uphill hike until the entrance of the Shivapuri National Park. From here, we hike through the forest of Shivapuri National Park and arrive at Mulkharka, the first village encountered on this hike. Mulkharka is a small village inhabited by the Tamang people. From here, we proceed along the ridge through forests of rhododendron and oak to Chisopani. Overnight in Trekkers lodge
Day 2. Chisopani to Nagarkot(2175m/6-7hrs)
The hike today is mostly a flat and downhill walk. The trail
passes across dense forests inside the Shivapuri National Park, past small villages with great views of the countryside and the mountains, and arrives at Nagarkot. Nagarkot is situated on a hilltop and provides a breathtaking view of the snow-capped peaks. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 3. Nagarkot-Dhulikhel(1550m/5-6hrs)
Wake up early morning for a sunrise view, and after breakfast, we start our hike towards Dhulikhel. The walk to Dhulikhel goes through forests and villages. Dhulikhel is a small township inhabited by Newari people with age-long history, culture, and tradition. Overnight in a resort.
Day 4. Dhulikhel to Namobuddha(1750m/4-5hrs)
The hike begins with a short uphill climb and then a gradual walk along a ridge across villages with amazing views of Namobuddha. Namobuddha is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site. Legend has this is the place where the Buddha, in his previous birth, fed a starving tigress with his body parts. Explore around and visit the Namobuddha viewpoint and the monastery or take a short half-hour ridge walk with a view of the valley below. Overnight in a resort.
Day 5. Namobuddha to Balthali(1730m/4-5hrs)
The walk from Namobuddha to Balthali is a gentle one; the walk goes across villages with terraced rice fields, surrounded by lush green hills with a glimpse of the snowy peaks in the distance. Overnight in a resort.
Day 6. Balthali to Panauti-Drive to Kathmandu (4-5hrs)
Hike down to Panauti, a Newari village of rich culture with monuments. Believed to have been built in the late 13th century. Explore the ancient heritage of this small town. After the visit, transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu (anywhere within city limits).
MealsAll meals along with some tea, coffee.
Trip AccommodationAccommodation in hotels/resorts in Nagarkot, Dhulikhel and Namobuddha and in trekker's lodge/tea house in other locations.
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsAll the year round except during the monsoon season.
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Good MonthsJanuary, February, December
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Prices & Dates
- Pick up and drop from your hotel.
- Accommodation in resorts/lodges during the hike including all meals.
- English speaking local guide along with porter (one porter for two-members).
- National Park Fee and TIMS card.
- All Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry visa.
- Flights to and from Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation or any meal in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, internet, etc.
- Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary due to your medical condition, political situation, or early return from the trek.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
Accommodation in resorts/village lodges/tea house during the trek