- Explore the UNESCO Heritage Sites around Kathmandu Valley.
- Scenic drive through winding mountain road to Syabru Besi.
- Walkthrough verdant forests, high alpine meadows, and yak pastures.
- Visit the oldest Buddhist monastery, Kyanjin Gompa.
- Incredible mountain views from Tserko Ri.
- Visit the local cheese factory.
- Explore the Tamang villages and get a more in-depth insight into their culture and heritage.
The Langtang valley is the nearest Himalayan region to Kathmandu Valley. Unlike other trekking routes, this Langtang Valley Trek route is relatively short, quieter, and less crowded. Besides, it provides an incredible opportunity to experience the diverse landscape, astounding mountain view, and diverse flora and fauna, along with the rich Sherpa and Tamang culture.
The Langtang valley trek provides spectacular sights of the glaciers and mountains, including Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Jugal Himal, and Dorje Lhakpa. The trail passes through verdant forests, high alpine pastures, and several Sherpa and Tamang villages. The trekking trail goes inside the Langtang National Park, which houses exotic animals and birds. If you are lucky, you may be able to spot wild animals like red pandas, langur, musk deer, and even the snow leopard.
We will take a jeep ride from Kathmandu to Sybrubensi. Syabrubesi is the gateway to the Langtang Valley Trek and the Gosainkunda Pass Trek. From Syabrubesi, we follow the Langtang River towards the Langtang Himalayan Range. The trail goes past several small Sherpa and Tamang villages, farmlands, and high alpine pastures to Kyanjin Gompa. A trek up to Kyanjin Ri or Tserko Ri offers a breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayan Mountains. From Kyanjin Gompa, we retrace our journey back to Syabrubesi and finally drive to Kathmandu.
Day 1. Arrival in Kathmandu.
Upon arrival, our guide/representative will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your designated hotel. As there are no activities planned for today, you may enjoy the evening at leisure or take a self-guided tour around the city. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 2. In Kathmandu(trek preparation).
Kathmandu is the historical and cultural heart of Nepal. Today in the first half, we will visit some of the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites within the city. It may include Pasupatinath temple, Boudanath Stupa, and Kathmandu Durbar Square. We shall keep the latter part of the day for preparing and planning for the trek. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 3. Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,440m/7-8 hrs)
After breakfast, we shall drive to Syabrubesi, the starting point of our trek. The road is quite scenic, with views of the Annapurna Mountains in the west and Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and the numerous peaks ahead. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,420m/6 hrs)
We begin our trek from Syabrubesi. The trail follows the Langtang river across woodland of oak, rhododendron, verdant meadows, and several Tamang villages. The hike goes along with stunning views of the great Himalayan peaks. It further ascends through Rimche and reaches Lama Hotel. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village(Sherpagaon/Mundu 3430m/6-7 hrs)
The first part of the journey is a gentle ascend above the Langtang Khola but soon turns into a steep climb. The trail goes through rhododendron and pine forest, with views of the Langtang Lirung. The path further ascends to the meadows of Ghoda Tabela. Further on, the route opens up into a wide valley of yak pastures and scattered Tamang villages with water-driven mills and prayer wheels. We either halt for the night at Sherpagaon or Mundu village. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 6 Mundu/Sherpagaon to Kyanjin Gompa (3,810m/4-5 hrs)
Today's trek is a short and easy one. We gradually climb past tiny villages with stone houses, and small streams, and reach Kyanjin Gompa by lunchtime. After lunch, we could either choose to rest or visit the monastery and cheese factory and explore the village. Kyanjin Gompa provides a beautiful view of Langtang Lirung, Kyanjin Ri, Tserko Ri, Langshisha Ri, Yala Peak, and others. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 7. Excursion to Tserko Ri (4984m/5-6 hrs)
After breakfast, trek for about 5 hours to summit the Tserko Ri. The trail begins on a flat path but soon turns into a steep climb. The climb gets strenuous until the summit. The summit of Tserko Ri offers a stunning 360° view of Langtang valley. Along with the fantastic views of the Yala Peak (5,520m), Langtang Ri (7,205m), Langtang Lirung (7,227m), and Naya Khang (5,844m). Thus, making it the most unforgettable experience of your life. After spending some time at the summit, we will descend to Kyanjin Gompa. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 8. Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel(6-7 hrs)
After breakfast, we retrace our steps back to Lama Hotel. It is a downhill walk past forests and villages with lovely mountain views. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 9. Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi: 4-5 hours
After breakfast, we retrace our steps back to Syabrubesi. The trek will be easier as it involves a downhill walk. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 10. Syabrubesi to Kathmandu
Today we bid farewell to the Langtang mountains and drive to Kathmandu with memories. Overnight in a hotel.
Day 11: Departure.
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
MealsOnly breakfast in Kathmandu while all meals are included during the trek.
Trip Accommodation3-4* hotels in Kathmandu and the best available local village lodges during the trek
RouteKathmandu-Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel-Mundu/Sherpagoan-Kyanjin Gompa-Lama Hotel-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsAll the year-round, but best during spring and autumn
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
Cost is based on the number of participants.
- 8 members = US$ 695 per person
- 6 members = US$ 750 per person
- 4 members = US$ 820 per person
- 2 members = US$ 1045 per person
- Single traveler = US$ 1665
- Single room supplementary = US$ 100
- All transfers by private vehicle.
- Half-day sightseeing with entrance fee accompanied by a local guide as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in the above listed or similar hotels in Kathmandu and local village lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- Only breakfast during the stay in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek.
- One welcome/farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- English-speaking local trekking guide along with porter (one porter for every two-member) during the trek.
- All necessary paperwork and permit (TIMS/LNP fee).
- All Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry visa.
- International flight to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner or any other meal not specified above.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
- Hot showers during the trek.
- Any extra cost forced upon by changing the itinerary due to your health, natural condition, political situation, or early return from the trek.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
Kathmandu: 3-4* type hotels
During the trek: Trekkers lodge/tea house along the route.