• Explore the UNESCO Heritage Sites around Kathmandu Valley
• Scenic drive through winding mountain road to Syabru Besi
• Verdant forests, high alpine meadows, and yak pastures.
• Visit the oldest Buddhist monastery, Kyanjin Gompa.
• Incredible mountain views from Tserko Ri.
• Visit the local cheese factory.
• Learn more about the local culture.
Langtang valley also popularly known as the “valley of the glacier” is the nearest Himalayan region from Kathmandu Valley. This Langtang valley trek offers an opportunity to experience the diverse flora and fauna, astounding mountain views along with the Tibetan influenced rich Sherpa and Tamang culture. The trek passes through verdant forests, high alpine pastures, typical Sherpa and ethnic Tamang villages with their unique culture and tradition, and finally to the enchanting monastery of Kyanjin Gompa. At Kyanjin Gompa we have the option to climb Kyanjin Ri (4773m) or Tserko Ri (4984m) both offer stunning panoramic views of the valley and surrounding mountains.
Langtang valley trek begins with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi, a small town on the outskirts of the Langtang National Park. The journey continues through small villages, farmlands, and verdant forests to Kyanjin Gompa. From Kyanjin Gompa we will retrace back the same route to Syabrubesi and from Syabru drive back to Kathmandu the next day.
Day 1. Arrival in Kathmandu.
Upon arrival, our guide/representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to your designated hotel. As there are no activities planned for today, you may either enjoy the evening at leisure or take a self-guided tour around the city. Overnight in hotel.
Day 2. In Kathmandu(trek preparation).
Today in the first half of the day we shall visit some of the major UNESCO World Heritage sites. This may include the Swayambhunath temple, the oldest Buddhist monument in the valley, and the Boudanath, the largest Stupa in Nepal. Next, we will drive to Kathmandu Durbar Square, situated at the heart of Kathmandu, full of ancient history, culture, and architecture. Later in the evening we will spend planning and preparing for the trek. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3. Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,550m/7-8 hrs)
Today we drive to Syabrubesi the starting point of our trek. The drive is quite scenic along the banks of the Trishuli river with beautiful views of valleys, meadows, rivers, and mountains. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,380m/6 hrs)
Today the trail goes along the Langtang river across forests of oak and rhododendron, verdant meadows and several Tamang villages, a stunning vista of great Himalayan peaks, and finally ascends through Rimche and reach Lama Hotel. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village(Sherpagaon/Mundu 3543m/6-7 hrs)
We begin with a gentle ascend above the Langtang Khola but soon turns into a steep climb. The trail goes through rhododendron and pine forest with the view of the Langtang Lirung and further up to the meadows of Ghoda Tabela. Further on, the route opens up into a wide valley of yak pastures and scattered Tamang villages with water-driven mills and prayer wheels. Depending on the time we shall either halt for the night at Sherpagaon or Mundu village. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 6 Mundu/Sherpagaon to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m/4-5 hrs)
We pass through the tiny village, stone-built houses, and up to a Chorten on a gentle path to Kyanjin Gompa. After lunch, we could either choose to rest or visit the monastery, cheese factory and explore around the village with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung, Kyanjin RI, Tserko RI, Langshisha Ri, Yala Peak, and others. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 7. Excursion to Tserko Ri (5000m/5-6 hrs)
After breakfast, trek for about five hours to summit Tserko Ri, the summit of Tserko Ri provides amazing views of the Yala Peak (5,520m), Langtang Ri (7,205m), Langtang Lirung (7,227m), and Naya Khang (5,844m). After enjoying the splendid views descend back to Kyanjin Gompa for overnight. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 8. Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel(6-7 hrs)
Today we retrace our steps back to Lama Hotel. The trail is mostly downhill passing through forests and villages with the view of the snow-covered peaks along the way. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 9. Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi: 4-5 hours
After breakfast retrace our steps back to Syabrubesi. The trek will be easier as it will mostly involve a downhill walk.
Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 10. Syabrubesi to Kathmandu
Bid farewell to the Langtang mountains and drive back to Kathmandu with wonderful memories. Overnight in hotel.
Day 11: Departure.
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
RouteKathmandu-Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel-Mundu/Sherpagoan-Kyanjin Gompa-Lama Hotel-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu
Trip Type Trekking
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
• All transfers by private vehicle.
• Half day sightseeing with entrance fee accompanied by a local guide as per itinerary.
• Accommodation in above listed or similar hotels in Kathmandu and local village lodges/tea house during the trek.
• Only breakfast during the stay in Kathmandu and all meals including 3 coffee/tea during the trek.
• One welcome/farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
• English-speaking local trekking guide along with porter (one porter for every two-member) during the trek.
• Guide, porter, and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paperwork and permit (TIMS/LNP fee)
• Hire of sleeping bag available with minimal cleaning charges.
• All Government taxes and service charges.
• Nepal entry visa.
• International flight to and from Kathmandu.
• Lunch and dinner or any other meal not specified above.
• Personal Travel Medical Insurance (covering rescue and evacuation)recommended.
• Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
• Hot showers during the trek.
• Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like an early return from the trek.
• All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
3-4* hotels in Kathmandu and trekkers lodge/tea house during the trek.