• Explore the UNESCO Heritage Sites around Kathmandu Valley
• Scenic drive through winding mountain road to Syabru Besi
• Verdant forests, high alpine meadows, and yak pastures.
• Visit the oldest Buddhist monastery, Kyanjin Gompa.
• Incredible mountain views from Tserko Ri.
• Visit local cheese factory.
• Learn more about the local culture.
Langtang valley Trek is the closest trek in the Himalayan region from Kathmandu valley, it is just a day’s journey from Kathmandu. This trek offers the experience of the Langtang valley, majestic mountain views along with the Tibetan influenced Tamang and Sherpa Buddhist culture and this trek can be a perfect choice for those who are short on days,
Langtang valley trek originates from the small town of Syabru Besi and to Lama hotel, Langtang village and Kyanjin Gompa. The trail passes along small villages and verdant forests through the Langtang National Park across pristine country side and high alpine meadows. We will climb Tserko Ri for sunrise view, the summit of Tserko Ri provides 360° view of the Langtang valley and the peaks around.
Day 1. Arrival in Kathmandu.
Upon arrival meet our representative and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time you can either relax at your hotel or take a short walk to visit Thamel area. Evening dinner at a traditional Nepali Restaurant. Overnight in hotel.
Day 2. In Kathmandu(trek preparation).
Today in the first half we will visit some of the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites within the city, that may include Pasupatinath temple, Boudanath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Square. The later part of the day we shall keep as preparation and planning for the trek. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3. Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,550m/7-8 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Syabrubesi via Trishuli Bazaar and Dhunche. The drive goes along winding mountain road with the views of beautiful landscape and the snow covered mountains at the background. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,380m/6 hrs)
Today the trail goes along the Langtang river across forests of oak and rhododendron, verdant meadows and several Tamang villages, stunning vista of great Himalayan peaks and finally ascends through Rimche and end at Lama Hotel. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang vallley(Sherpagaon/Mundu 3543m/6-7 hrs)
Today’s trek begins with a gentle ascend but soon turns into a steep climb until we reach the green pasture land of Ghoda Tabela. From Ghoda Tabela, the trial climbs up to the beautiful Langtang valley with yaks grazing in the meadows and a few make shift yak herders camps. Depending on the time we shall either halt for the night at Sherpagaon or Mundu village. Overnight in trekkers lodge..
Day 6 Mundu/Sherpagaon to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m/4-5 hrs)
The trail passes across water run mills, prayer wheels, chortens, streams, wooden bridges and moraines until we reach Kyanjn Gompa. After lunch we could either choose to rest or visit the monastery, cheese factory and explore around the village with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung, Kyanjin RI, Tserko RI, Langshisha Ri, Yala Peak and others. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 7. Excursion to Tserko Ri (5000m/5-6 hrs)
The trail begins from a flat path but soon turns into a steep climb as we proceed further, the climb gets more difficult and tough until the summit. The summit of Tserko Ri provides a stunning 360° view of Langtang valley and the snow covered peaks making it the most unforgettable experience of our life. After spending some time at the summit, we will descend down and retrace back to Kyanjin Gompa. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 8. Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel(6-7 hrs)
Today we retrace our steps back to Lama Hotel. The trail is mostly downhill passing through forests and villages with the view of the snow covered peaks along the way. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 9. Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi: 4-5 hours
We basically retrace our steps back to Syabrubesi. The trek will be easier as it will mostly involve downhill walk.
Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 10. Syabrubesi to Kathmandu
After breakfast hop into a jeep and drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Day 11: Departure.
Transfer to the airport for departure flight.
RouteKathmandu-Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel-Mundu/Sherpagoan-Kyanjin Gompa-Lama Hotel-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu
Trip Type Trekking
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
• All transfersby private vehicle.
• Half day sightseeing with entrance fee accompanied by a local guide as per itinerary.
• Accommodation in above listed or similar hotels in Kathmandu and in local village lodges/tea house during the trek.
• Only breakfast during the stay in Kathmandu and all meals including 3 coffee/tea during the trek.
• One welcome/farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
• English speaking local trekking guide along with porter (one porter for every two member) during the trek.
• Guide, porter and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paper work and permit (TIMS/LNP fee)
• Hire of sleeping bag available with minimal cleaning charges.
• All Government taxes and service charges.
• Nepal entry visa.
• International flight to and from Kathmandu.
• Lunch and dinner or any other meal not specified above.
• Personal Travel Medical Insurance (covering rescue and evacuation)recommeded.
• Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
• Hot showers during the trek.
• Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like early return from the trek.
• All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
3-4* hotels in Kathmandu and in trekkers lodge/tea house during the trek.