Mardi Himal Trek
A short trek in the lower Annapurna region
• Short and relatively easy trek in the Annapurna Region.
• Amazing panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre , Manaslu and Mardi Himal.
• Experience the culture and tradition of the ethnic Gurung people.
• Diverse flora and fauna of the region..
• Lush forests, green hills, rugged landscapes.
• Hike to the Mardi Himal Base Camp
Mardi Himal Trek is one the shortest and the most spectacular off the beaten path trek in the lower Annapurna region. The trail goes along verdant forests, across villages, terraced fields with the views of the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and the Hiunchuli. If you are looking for a short trek in Annapurna region without the crowd, this will be an ideal choice.
The trek begins with an hour’s drive from Pokhara to Kande. From Kande the hike goes through several villages, pristine forest of lovely rhododendron and oak with views of the snowcapped mountains and finally ends at the Mardi Himal base camp, the zenith of this trek and then returns back to Pokhara via Shiding, taking a different route.
Day 1. Drive to Kande (1hr)-Trek to Australian Camp (2060m/2hrs)
Pick up from your hotel and drive for an hour Kande on the Pokhara Baglung highway. Begin our trek from Kande, which is a gradual climb (2hrs) to a clearing where there are lodges with panoramic view of the Annapurna range and the Pokhara valley. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 2. Australian Camp to Low Camp (3150m/4-5hrs)
The trail from the Australian camp climbs up through dense forest all the way to low camp. From here we can get the splendid view of the Machhapuchre range. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 3. Low camp to High Camp (3550m/5-6hrs)
Trek uphill through Forest camp to High Camp alongside a ridge towards, Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre, as the climb progresses tall trees give way to alpine shrubs and dwarf rhododendron bushes. After a steep ascent we finally land at the High camp with excellent view of the Annapurna range. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. High Camp to Low Camp.
With an early breakfast we head towards our main destination “Mardi Himal Base camp”(4500m). It takes about 5 hrs to reach the base camp. Spend some time exploring around, enjoying splendid views and return to Low camp for overnight. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. Low Camp-Siding-Pokhara.
From the low camp we will descend down to Mardi Khola and walk along the river to Siding, where we meet our vehicle and drive to your hotel in Pokhara (3hrs).
Trip AccommodationTrekker's lodge/tea house.
RoutePokhara-Kande-Australian Camp-Low Camp-High Camp-Siding-Pokhara
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsMarch-May & September-November
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsFebruary, June, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
• All hotel transfer by private vehicle.
• Accommodation in local village lodges/tea house during the trek.
• All meals including some coffee/tea during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two members) during the trek.
• Guide, porter and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paper work and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
• Hire of sleeping bag on request with minimal cleaning charges.
• All Government taxes and service charges.
• Personal Travel Medical Insurance(we strongly recommend to purchase travel medical insurance that covers rescue and evacuation).
• Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
• Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like early return from the trek.
• All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
Accommodation in tea house/trekkers lodge during the trek.