- Short and relatively easy trek in the Annapurna Region.
- Amazing panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, and Mardi Himal.
- Experience the culture and tradition of the ethnic Gurung people.
- Diverse flora and fauna of the region.
- Lush forests, green hills, rugged landscapes.
- Hike to the Mardi Himal Base Camp
The Mardi Himal Trek is an incredible journey in the Annapurna region of Nepal. It is one of the least visited, less challenging yet as beautiful as any other trekking routes in Nepal. It takes you to the Mardi Himal Base Camp situated at the base of the Mardi Himal. This trek is ideal for those looking for an ‘off the beaten path’ trial experience in Nepal.
Experience the beauty and remoteness of the region along the trail to the Mardi Himal Base Camp. The trail goes past river valleys, beautiful alpine meadows, traditional rural villages, verdant forests of rhododendron and pine with breathtaking views of the Annapurna, Machhapuchre, and the Hiunchuli mountains along the way.
The trek begins with an hour’s drive from Pokhara to Kande. From Kande, it is an easy uphill hike through forests of lovely rhododendron and oak. The trail traverse past some fascinating villages where you will get the opportunity to experience the lifestyle of people living in this area. After we reach Mardi Base Camp, the highlight of this trek, we return to Pokhara via Siding village through a different route. If you are looking for a brief, yet beautiful trip in the Himalayas, this six days itinerary is an ideal option for you.
Day 1. Drive to Kande (1hr)-Trek to Deurali(2100m/4hrs)
Drive for about an hour to Kande on the Pokhara Baglung highway. From Kande, it is relatively an uphill hike over stone stairs to Australian Camp and Pothana. The Australian Camp provides a panoramic view of the Annapurna range and Pokhara valley. From Pothana, the trail further continues to Deurali. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 2. Deurali to Low Camp (2990m/6-7hrs)
From Deurali, we leave the main trail to Annapurna Base Camp. And take off the beaten path towards Mardi Himal Base camp. The hike is a gradual uphill walk through forests of giant rhododendron, oak, maple, and hemlock to the top of a ridge. It is a steep descent for some time and then an uphill hike back to the ridge and arrive at Forest camp. We shall have lunch at the forest camp and continue up to Low Camp. The vegetation starts to change with more rhododendron, and the trees covered with moss, lichen, and tree ferns. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 3. Low camp to High Camp (3550m/5-6hrs)
From Low Camp, the trail gradually climbs through rhododendron forest along the ridge towards Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre. As the journey proceeds, tall trees give way to alpine shrubs and dwarf rhododendron bushes. With a final ascent, we land at the High Camp. The High Camp provides an excellent view of the Annapurna range. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. High Camp-Mardi Himal Base Camp(4500m)- High Camp(6-7hrs)
Today is the most demanding day of our trek. We will start early towards the base camp. It is a continuous uphill climb through the rugged and uneven trail to the Mardi Base Camp. The Mardi Himal Base camp offers a spectacular close-up view of the entire Annapurna range. Spend some time exploring around, enjoying splendid views, and return to High Camp. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. High Camp-Siding(1700m/4-5hrs)Drive to Pokhara(3hrs)
From the High Camp crossing the Nangge Danda, we descend to the Low Camp. We leave the trail used earlier and head towards the Mardi Khola through the dense forest to Siding. At Siding, we shall board onto a private vehicle and drive to Pokhara.
Trip AccommodationTrekker's lodge/tea house.
RoutePokhara-Kande-Deurali-Low Camp-High Camp-Siding-Pokhara
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsMarch-May & September-November
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsFebruary, June, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
- All hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in local village lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- All meals including some coffee/tea during the trek.
- English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two-member).
- Guide, porter, and trekking staff insurance.
- All necessary paperwork and permit (TIMS/ ACAP).
- All Government taxes and service charges.
- Hotel accommodation and meals in Pokhara.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
- Any extra cost forced upon by changing the itinerary due to your health, natural condition, political situation, or early return from the trek.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
Accommodation in tea house/trekkers lodges during the trek.