Mardi Himal Trek
A short trek in the lower Annapurna region
• Short and relatively easy trek in the Annapurna Region.
• Amazing panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, and Mardi Himal.
• Experience the culture and tradition of the ethnic Gurung people.
• Diverse flora and fauna of the region.
• Lush forests, green hills, rugged landscapes.
• Hike to the Mardi Himal Base Camp
Mardi Himal Trek is one of the most popular low altitude trekking routes in the western Annapurna region of Nepal. This is one of the least visited off the beaten path trail not very far from Pokhara. Experience the beauty and remoteness of the region as you tag along towards the Mardi Himal Base Camp. The trip covers some of the breathtaking glacial valleys and the masked Landscape of the Annapurna region. The trail passes through traditional rural villages, lush valleys, alpine meadows, rhododendron, pine, and subtropical forests, with breathtaking views of the Annapurna, Machhapuchre, and the Hiunchuli mountains along the way.
The trek begins with an hour’s drive from Pokhara to Kande. From Kande the hike goes through several villages, the pristine forest of lovely rhododendron and oak with views of the snowcapped mountains, and finally ends at the Mardi Himal base camp, the zenith of this trek and then returns to Pokhara via Shiding, taking a different route.
In short, this Mardi Himal trek can be an ideal choice for those who are looking for a short trekking experience in the lower Annapurna region. Since this trek is a low altitude trek, it can be suitable for even those who have little or no actual trekking experience.
Day 1. Drive to Kande (1hr)-Trek to Deurali(2200m/4hrs)
Pick up from your hotel and drive for an hour to Kande on the Pokhara Baglung highway. Begin our trek from Kande, the trek from Kande to Australian Camp is a pleasant uphill walk until Pothana, and then it is a gradual walk to Deurali. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 2. Deurali to Low Camp (3150m/6-7hrs)
From Deurali, we leave the main Annapurna Base Camp trail and take an off the beaten trail towards Mardi Himal Base camp. The trail is a gradual uphill walk through forests of giant rhododendron, oak, maple, and hemlock to the top of a ridge. From the ridge, it is a steep descent for some time and then an uphill walk back to the ridge and arrive at Forest camp. We shall have lunch at the forest camp and continue up to Low Camp. The vegetation starts to change with more rhododendron and the trees covered with moss, lichen, and tree ferns. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 3. Low camp to High Camp (3700m/5-6hrs)
Trek uphill through Forest camp to High Camp alongside a ridge towards, Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre, as the climb progresses tall trees give way to alpine shrubs and dwarf rhododendron bushes. After a steep ascent, we finally land at the High camp with an excellent view of the Annapurna range. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4. High Camp-Mardi Himal Base Camp(4500m)- High Camp(7-8hrs)
Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise view. After breakfast set off towards our destination the Mardi Himal Base Camp. Today will be more challenging compared to other days as the trek goes across a narrow rocky trail. Leaving the High Camp, we ascend for about 4 hours to reach the base camp. Spend some time exploring around, enjoying splendid views, and return to High camp for overnight. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5. High Camp-Siding(1700m/6-7hrs).
From the High Camp crossing the Nangge Danda, we descend to the Low Camp. From the Low Camp, we leave the trail used earlier and head towards the Mardi Khola through the dense forest to Siding. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 6. Siding-Pokhara(3hrs trek/1hr drive)
Today we hike down following the river valley across several small settlements of Gurung and Tamang people to Lumre. At Lumre we board on to a private vehicle and drive to your hotel in Pokhara
Trip AccommodationTrekker's lodge/tea house.
RoutePokhara-Kande-Deurali-Low Camp-High Camp-Siding-Pokhara
Trip Type Trekking
Trip SeasonsMarch-May & September-November
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsFebruary, June, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
• All hotel transfers by private vehicle.
• Accommodation in local village lodges/tea houses during the trek.
• All meals including some coffee/tea during the trek.
• Experienced English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two-member).
• Guide, porter, and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paperwork and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
• All Government taxes and service charges.
• Personal Travel Medical Insurance.
• Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
• Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like an early return from the trek.
• All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
Accommodation in tea house/trekkers lodges during the trek.