Bumthang Owl Trek – 09 – 20 July, 2019
Hotels Bumthang - Mountain Resort
Tang - Phola Farm House
Camp - Tent
Punakha - Zhingkham Resort
Thimphu - Hotel Druk
Paro - Hotel Gangtey Palace
Hello Wind Horse
With pleasure, I commit to words although it will be hard to match the depth and diversity of our experiences and gained insights.
- My interactions with Wind Horse have always been helpful, informative with prompt responses including, whilst we were shaping up the itinerary.
- Wind Horse was well organised, meeting us from our flight to Paro and then assisting us with the onward connection to Bumthang where we were met by Yenten (guide) and Sonam (driver) at the airport.
- Yenten and Sonam’s attention to our comfort, safety and quality of our diverse experiences and adventures was outstanding. And Sonam is a very skilful driver.
- We achieved everything on our itinerary and more. Yenten and Sonam put in some long hours for us.
- As you know there were some changes in the itinerary, due to weather, one member’s incapacity to trek on foot and some altitude sickness. Wind Horse took prompt action to arrange for Pema to bring in the 4 horses and for Yenten then to organise the monastery overnight stay. We were also impressed that Wind Horse deemed these alterations as complimentary and with no further cost to us.
- Yenten’s (and Sonam) guiding and information sharing about their country, the positions of the royal family, government, economic and religious institutions was extraordinarily detailed. Yenten was very enthusiastic and provided great insights so we could consolidate and increase our knowledge about Bhutan and ways of living.
- The accommodation was very comfortable and to a high level. We also enjoyed the variety including farmstay and attractive hotels.
- The food was delicious, varied and plentiful. And it was great to have access to bottled water.
In conclusion I was super impressed with the collective commitment from Wind Horse to ensure that our visit to your wonderful country was the best and will stay with us forever.