Customised walking Tour for Sewell
Hotels Paro - Tashi Namgay Resort
Bumthang - Mountain Resort
Trongsa - Tashi Ninjay Guest House
Gangtey - Yue-Loki Guest House
Punakha - Zhingkham Resort
Thimphu - Hotel Druk
Paro - Tashi Namgay Resort
Thank you for your email.
Our trip was excellent in every respect and we have no hesitation in recommending a holiday in Bhutan with Wind Horse to all our friends.
From the start:
• Ugen was extremely helpful in assisting us to plan our two week trip taking into account our interests
• The pre departure information was very comprehensive and useful
• All the documentation arrived in a timely manner and Jambay answered any queries very promptly
• Our guide, Namgay, was excellent – very knowledgeable and friendly and his English was very good.
• Our drivers (Tenzin around Paro, and Chimmi for the rest of the trip) were very competent, careful drivers and the cars were extremely comfortable
• The accommodation was excellent – well located, comfortable and clean
• The food was delicious. We really enjoyed the array of fresh vegetable dishes at each meal, and our ‘picnics’ were a real treat.
• Walking through the forests and along the mountain trails.
• Visiting beautiful temples. It was very special to sit and peacefully enjoy a couple of ‘services’ at temples.
• The small Jakar Tshechu festival. We also enjoyed the Jambay Lhakhang festival, especially the black hat dance by the fire in the evening. During the day there were a large number of tourists which detracted somewhat from the ambience of the festival. At the small Jakar festival there were very few tourists and it felt more like a local celebration.
We were extremely lucky with the weather and it only rained on one night, which was of no consequence. The days were mostly clear and sunny. Our holiday was really memorable and we would love to come back one day, perhaps in rhododendron season, to see the countryside at a different time of year.
Rosemary and Andrew