Multi Activity Trip of Bhutan: Horse-back, Mountain Biking, Cultural Tour, Hiking & Glamping
From the outset, a sense of adventure fills, the moment your flight touches the tarmac in Paro airport. In a way, it sets tone for enchanting adventures to follow. This itinerary is specially curated for those who like to chase or live the spirit of adventure. What sets it apart is that most of the adventures takes place in outback regions of Bhutan, drawing a typical off the beaten path experience. It blends all the active adventure such as Horse riding/ horse-trek, Mountain Biking, Off-road biking, Hiking to quaint and far-flung villages, at times testing your physical prowess. Option for White water Rafting/Kayaking is also available.
This adventure takes you first to the central part of Bhutan, where we spend time in remote Tang valley. From there, begin two day trek on the horseback to Jakar. Changing our mount from Horse to Bike, we will bike and hike or combine both to visit beautiful Bumthang valley’s attractions and sights. Explore quaint Phobjika valley on bike, take up challenging ride through remote villages of Gogona and Khotokha . Ride or Raft in warmer Punakha valley, followed by visit to capital Thimphu, finally back to Paro, hiking and touring to cover the main cultural highlights, and finishing up with hike to to iconic Takstang monastery.
So to a large extent, we also do not miss out on what is popular with other visitors, yet making a point not to overdo it. Through these combination in Bhutan Multi Activity Adventure, we hope to keep you active and healthy, show you all aspects of Bhutan’s Culture, Nature, food and provide greater opportunity for interaction with monks, and mediators, farmers and children, and regular people in villages and urban area and find happiness
Days 1 & 2: Arrival & Tour in Paro
Day 3: Fly to Bumthang & drive short distance to rural Tang Valley
Day 4: Tang valley Exploration and getting acquainted with Horse riding
Day 5: Ride Horses & Camp
Day 6: Mt. Bike to Jakar
Day 7: In Jakar, Bumthang Cultural tour with bikes and walks
Day 8: Bike, drive combination and spend the night in Trongsa
Day 9: Bike/Drive combination to Gangtey, Phobjikha
Day 10: Explore Gangtey (Phobjikha Valley). Option for both horse ride and bike available here.
Day 11: Bike to Gogona and Khotokha valley
Day 12: Ride to Wangdue and drive to Punakha
Day 13: Punakha Valley tour and short walks (option for rafting available here)
Day 14: Punakha to Thimphu with hike of 3-4hrs along the way
Day 15: Tour of Capital Thimphu
Day 16: Drive to Paro and hike to Takstang
Day 17: Departure.
- Explore the outback region of country on horse back and horse trek.
- Biking in places of interests and through isolated villages of Gogona and Khotokha
- Crossing a few mountain passes on bike.
- (Optional) – White water Rafting in Punakha.
- Moderate Day hike to visit temples, nature, birding.
- Prominent attractions and sights visit in places of interest.
- Striking chord with greater interaction with local people, monk, high priest (possibly).
- Gain insights into unique and well preserve tradition and culture.
Cost is based on number of travelers and dates. For details contact us with your travel dates and available duration of visit
- Accommodations in hotels with two nights of camping
- All meals
- All transfers by private vehicle
- Sightseeing with entrance fees.
- Experienced English Speaking Bhutanese Tour Guide
- Daily Bhutan Fees (SDF)
- Visa and visa fees
- Mt. Bike, Horses and all camping arrangements
- Bottled water in the vehicle and other comp. services.
- Flights into and out of Bhutan
- Optional Travel/Medical Insurance
- Personal expenses such as bars, beverages in the hotel, telephone, laundry, trips, and others.
Dear Ugan and Jambay,
We just wanted to take a minute to thank you and your team (the two Sonam’s) for a wonderful adventure traveling in Bhutan,
Sonam and Sonar took such good care of us, were very professional and so much fun to be around. Traveling with people for 15 days is not easy, but we all got along so well and enjoyed each other’s company, we laughed all day every day!
We really enjoyed the cultural aspects of learning about Bhutan and it’s people, and found the people we met to be friendly and welcoming. The biking was a real adventure and gave us a unique view of the countryside. We especially enjoyed our somewhat rainy afternoon at the horse ranch and the hot bath’s after!
Thank you again for all the attention and care, we already miss Sonam and Soman, our travel buddies !