What is an Alien Travel Permit?

Rate this faq

An Alien Travel Permit is needed in addition to a Tibet Travel Permit for going areas of the TAR outside of the Lhasa municipality with exceptions of few places like Namtso Lake, Nagchu, Ganden monastery, Shigatse and a few other smaller places. If you book a trip with us or travel agency, the Alien permit is included in the price. Forms are completed and obtained in Lhasa in advance or with one or two working days. Several checkpoints are there to check for this permit and sometimes there are random inspections too. Licensed Tour Guide must be there with you and he will have the permits required with him. Rules of compulsory Guide accompanying you are lenient at certain times. In addition to the Alien Permit, Military Permit is also required for certain sensitive areas.

0 Trip(s) on shortlist