For Druk Air
With effect from 19.11.15, Druk Air notified that it allows for BUSINESS CLASS 40 kg (88 pounds) and for ECONOMY CLASS/ COACH 30 kg (66 pounds). As for Infants paying only 10% of the applicable air fare are not entitled to any free baggage allowance. The luggage dimensions remain same as other international flights. In addition to free baggage allowance, the carry-on cabin baggage must not exceed 5 kg (11 pound) in weight. And the overall dimensions of cabin luggage are limited to 45 + 35 + 20 cm (17 ½ + 13 ½ +8 inches).
The following Articles may be carried free of charge over and above the Free Baggage Allowance.
A lady’s handbag, pocket book or purse, which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and which is not being used as a container to carry articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage.
- An overcoat wrap or blanket
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight
- Infant’s food for consumption in flight and infant’s carrying basket
- An invalid’s fully collapsible wheelchair and/or crutches or other prosthetic device for the passenger’s use provided the passenger is dependent on them
- All other articles – such as flight bags, briefcases, typewriters, ladies vanity cases, large size cameras, etc… – will be weighed and, if applicable, excess baggage charges will be levied.
Even after all the allowances, if the baggages exceed weight, it will attract charges measured on Kilogram basis. The extra weight charge varies in accordance to the sector. Following below are the rate structure (Per Kilogram)
Bangkok to Paro – Nu 327)/Kg (USD 5.4) approx.
Paro to Bangkok – Nu 327)/Kg (USD 5.4) approx.
Delhi to Paro INR 170)/Kg (USD 2.8) approx.
Paro to Delhi Nu 170)/Kg (USD 2.8) approx.
Kolkatta to Paro INR 95)/Kg (USD 1.6) approx.
Paro to Kolkatta Nu 95)/Kg (USD 1.6) approx.
For Bhutan Airlines
Bhutan Airlines allows for BUSINESS CLASS 30 kg (66 pounds) and for ECONOMY CLASS/ COACH 20 kg (45 pounds).
Children (above 12 years old) are entitled to the same cabin baggage allowances as adults. Over and above the free baggage allowance the carry-on cabin baggage should not exceed a maximum weight of 7 kg. And also with the dimension of carry –on bag not exceeding 55 cms x 40 cms X 20 cms.
In addition to one piece of cabin baggage or package, you may also be permitted to carry the following items, subject to Security Regulations:
- Lady’s hand bag.
- An overcoat or wrap.
- A rug or a blanket
- A camera or a pair or binoculars
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Infant’s feed for consumption during the flight and infant’s carrying basket if an infant is carried.
- Collapsible wheelchair or pair of crutches or braces for passenger’s use if dependent on these.
- A gift item purchased from the Airport duty free shop.
- Walking stick.
- Umbrella (Folding type)
- Feeding bottle.
- Shaving kit, excluding razor blade and straight razors.
- Medicines required during Flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- Cell phones.
Excess Baggage policy for Bhutan Airlines
Bhutan Airlines policy dictate that should the baggage exceed the limitations of the Free Baggage allowance an excess baggage charge need to be paid as per the below rates. It varies in accordance with sectors that you are flying.
Paro- Kolkatta: Nu 95/ Kg (USD 1.6) Approx
Kolkatta-Paro: INR 95Kg (USD 1.6) Approx
Paro-Bangkok: Nu 185/Kg (USD 3.1) Approx)
Bangkok-Paro: THB 175/Kg (USD 5.5) Approx
Bangkok-Kolkatta: THB 160 /Kg (USD 5) Approx
Kolkatta-Bangkok: INR 380/Kg (USD 6.2) Approx
Katmandu-Paro: NPR 150/Kg (USD 1.6) Approx
Paro -Katmandu: Nu. 95/KG (USD 1.6) Appro
Please note that Nu denotes Ngultrum (Bhutanese Currency), INR – Indian Rupee, NPR – Nepali Rupee, THB – Thai Bhat and USD – American Dollar. And also note that extra costs were received at the time of print and you should consider it only as an approximate indicator.
Even the currency rate are subject to change. Please check before determining.