It is called Namaste or Namaskar. You can say the greeting in words as well as do it using a gesture. Join your palms together and bring them close to your chest and about 5 to 7 inches below your chin. The word Namaste has many meanings such as Hello, How are you ?, I am glad to see you, nice to meet you, good morning, etc.
• Take off your shoes before entering a temple or one’s home
• Ask for permission before entering a temple
• Taking photographs inside the most temples are mostly prohibited
• Ask for permission before taking photographs of objects, and including Nepali people.
• Nepali people are laid back and friendly by nature. Have a genuine interest in them. Talk to them. Be friendly as you travel.