Dawa Tshering ranks among the gentle souls who provide an impression of a man of few words bordering with shyness. A few lines of conversation with the guests he turn red with blushes. He fit the bills perfectly with his traits of gentleness, humbleness, calmness that require most in order to manoeuvre sinuous roads of Bhutan.
He hails from a remote village in far east village of Tashigang. His journey of life from Tashigang to Thimphu has been as sinuous as roads from there. With elementary education to lean on, he tried his hand and luck on various jobs.
After being a driver and with a handful of experience, he joined Wind Horse Tours in 2007. And he has been driving with great level of dedication.
- I really want to thank you again for the most wonderful trip Rockanje, Netherland Trip Date:
April 17 -23, 2015 Rating:
Dear Mr. Sirs, I really want to thank you again for the most wonderful trip I have made in your beautiful country last April 17th. Asspecially our wonderful guide Duba and driver Dawa. Duba is so kind, attent, helpful, well informed about everything. As I arrange guided nature tours in my country we bought Duba books about birds and flowers which he want himself to improve his knowledge. Even when I arrived at Delhi airport my driver and agent were waiting for me and dropped me off at the guide who showed me Delhi and dropped me at my hotel
- Thank you, we are impressed by your welcome and services. Bangkok Trip Date:
April 11 - 15 April, 2015 Rating:
Dear Kinga - Now we have been arrived Bangkok safely.Thank you so much for your hospitality, we enjoyed and had memorable experiences during our recent trip.We believe that you will pass our thanks to Karma and Dawa. Karma is expert in Bhutan history and religion. He can explain deeply without tiredness.Dawa is a good driver with excellent driving skill.We are very appreciated their services. Anyway, there are some tiny points we would like to share you for better service next time. 1. Food at Punatsangchhu Cottage was not provided punctually. Dinner should be started at 7.00 p.m. as confirmed but it's late around 15-30 minutes,
- Huge appreciation towards Wind Horse and your staff. Park Row, New York, USA Trip Date:
March 24 - Apri l3, 2015 Rating:
- TID-8675, March 24 to April3, 2015. Guide Sonam Loday Jambay - Several weeks have passed since the group I participated with in Bhutan, said goodbye to that Beautiful country and that team of Guide and Driver Wind Horse provided. I write this day, to satisfy my own need to express the huge appreciation I continue to experience towards Wind Horse and your staff. Sonam and Dawa most assuredly provided the finest of experiences I could ask for. You may recall, that I asked to arrive some days prior to the others in the group as to honor my own interests when entering a country
- We can’t say enough good things about his service as our guide. Chicago, USA. Trip Date:
Aug 05 - 07, 2014 Rating:
Window to Bhutan tour for Lee & Cole TID: 8604 Dear Anand, It all seems to have happened a long time ago, as we are in Phuket packing for our long trip home to Chicago later today (via BKK and NRT). Our two days with Yeshi were wonderful; we can't say enough good things about his service as our guide. Also, Dawa was a wonderful driver, but, of course, we spent much less time with him. Because our Bhutan trip was cut short, we had the opportunity to visit Kathmandu for two days, which also was very nice. The bottom line is
- I couldn’t ask for more… except for more time in Bhutan. Edinburgh, UK Trip Date:
Dec 4 to 18, 2013 Rating:
TID 741 - Dec 4 to 18 Bhutan Traverse from east to west ( in reverse order of Bhutan Traverse from West to East) Dear Jambay, Thank you for all your help in making my second trip to Bhutan one of the highlights of my life. Ms Yandon, our guide, was professional and friendly and did everything she could to make our trip interesting and exciting. We were blessed to have her. She was very successful in adjusting our schedule when we learned of things that interested us (a farm we were invited to and a home that was having a