We were very happy with the service and the arrangement of the tour
Bhutan tour for Alyssa & her friend TID: 8544
Hi, Anand. Thank you for the following-up email.My sister and I had a great time in Bhutan thank to Windhorse Travel and its tour guide Sonam and driver Sonam. We were very happy with the service and the arrangement of the tour. Some special points I would like to mention:
(1) On the second day when we were at Paro Airport waiting for the flight to Bumthang, the flight was 5 hour delay, but we were very touched by the fact that we were the only 2 out of 20 passengers on the flight had hot lunch delivered to the airport by our tour guide. All the other passengers asked us where we got our lunch, we proudly said that Windhorse Travel tour guide did it. We really appreciate the fact that your company had the tour guide taking care of us outside the Paro Airport, at the same time having a tour guide and a driver waiting for us at Bumthang. We felt extra special.
(2) Our tour guide Sonam and driver Sonam are very responsible and entertaining. They made the trip extra special.
(3) We did some extra things making the tour much more fun: We experienced Bhutanese real cooking at Yan Yang Restaurant in Thimphu, and trying to see a doctor in the traditional hospital.
(4) The hightlights of the whole grand tour: 1) Gangtey Nature Trail, 2) Punakha Dzong, 3) Hiking to Lungchuzekha, and the best of all, 4) hiking up to Tiger’s Nest.
In general we were happy with the Grand Cultural Tour. If there is anything we could have done differently to make it even better:
(1) Stay in Thimphu for 1 night instead of 2 nights. Because Thimphu is really the low point of the tour: a new capital, not much to offer comparing to Paro, Bumthang, Trongsa and Punakha.
(2) Hotel buffet every night is getting boring. They offered almost the same thing night after night in every hotel. The last two nights I hardly could eat anything. Maybe it would be nice to arrange one or two nights to have some real Western food in some fine dining restaurants.
I have made 15 short films about the whole tour and posted on Youtube. I have attached the links in the following for your reference. You are more than welcome to use them as a reference to your company and the tour.
(1) Arriving at Paro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz049V0rX04
(2) Paro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeWi5QBjC2s
(3) Bumthang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zZ3qv-ASRE
(4) Domkhar Festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK-mTEpq69Q
(5) Wangdichholing Palace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3AMqaSpwyY
(6) Trongsa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVfolM3IbW0
(7) A winding road to Gangtey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaOCCBAv_8
(8) Gangtey Nature Trail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpIccY92CRQ
(9) Punakha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvBxU0sAJM
(10) Punakha Dzong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjkYsGhO9w
(11) Lungchutse Hiking Trail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VuTpe5dMMA
(12) Bhuttanese Cooking Lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9xmrha8kLs
(13) Thimphu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q65jrdOL8U
(14) Back to Paro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoUS24PQbOE
(15) Tiger’s Nest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLA9VncyVWg
Cameo court, Hongkong
Travelled with us on
Paro - Tashi Namgay Resort
Bumthang - Mountain Resort
Trongsa - Yangkhil Resort
Punakha -Meri Phuensum Resort
Thimphu -Hotel Druk
Paro - Tashi Namgay Resort