• Explore the UNESCO Heritage Sites around Kathmandu Valley
• Scenic drive through winding mountain road
• Trek to the remote villages of Nar & Phu.
• Trek off the beaten path only a few have walked.
• Stay in ancient villages that have seen only a little change over centuries.
• Observe the Tibetan influenced lifestyle and culture of the people.
• Enjoy great mountain views of the Annapurna, Himlung, Gangapurna and other peaks.
Nar Phu trek is an incredible journey to the less explored, hidden valleys of Nar and Phu that are still untouched by modernity. This journey offers you the opportunity to taste the Himalayan life style, Tibetan culture and tradition, Buddhist monasteries along with the majestic mountain view.
Nar Phu trek follows the regular Annapurna Circuit Trek until Koto and from Koto, it separates and follows off the beaten trail towards north to Nar Phu valley and across the Kang La pass with magnificent views of the Annapurna range and crossover to Ngawal. From Ngawal descend down to Pisang and back to Kathmandu.
Day 1. Arrival in Kathmandu.
Upon arrival meet our representative and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time you can either relax at your hotel or take a short walk to visit the Thamel area. Evening dinner at a traditional Nepali Restaurant. Overnight in hotel.
Day 2. In Kathmandu (trek preparation).
Today in the first half we will visit some of the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites within the city, which includes Pashupatinath temple, Bouddhanath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Square. The later part of the day we shall keep as preparation and planning for the trek. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Koto(2600m) via Besi Sahar
Early morning drive to Besi Sahar. Lunch at Besi Sahar, after lunch continue our drive past gorges and waterfalls to Koto. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 4 Koto to Meta (3560 m/5-6 hrs).
The trek goes across waterfalls, caves, rhododendron and pine forests. As we climb higher the vegetation changes from thick green forest and gives way to sparsely scattered bushes. After a steep climb uphill we will reach Meta, a small village situated on a flat land with beautiful views of some of the snow covered peaks of the area. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 5 Meta to Phu (4080m)
The trek to Phu goes across some of the most unique chortens for which Nar and Phu are well known of. The trail passes through scenic canyons and gorges until we reach a monolith that guards the steep trail to Phu. From here we get the first view of the villages in the area. Upon arrival check into our lodges freshen up and later we will hike to the Tashi Lhakhang Gompa monastery to pay our respects. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 6 In Phu(exploration day).
An acclimatization day in Phu is recommended because of high altitude. The best way is to explore the village, where you will have the opportunity to interact with the locals and learn more about their culture, tradition and daily lives. Option is also available to take a hike to the Himlung(7125m) Base Camp which goes through a glacial valley. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 7 Phu village to Nar village (4150 m).
After a good days rest in Phu village, we will trek back to Khyang, and continue to the intersection where the trail branches off to Nar. The trail follows over sandy gullies along beautiful gorges with breathtaking views and finally reach Nar gate at the top of the hill. From here we pass along some beautifully painted bamboo topped chortens and arrive at Nar village. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 8 In Nar village (Exploration day)
Nar village is more vibrant than Phu village, we can find the village square teeming with village women chatting and working on their back strap looms while men go over performing their daily chores. Explore the village, interact with the locals and learn more about their culture and their way of life. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 9 Nar to Ngawal via the Kang La Pass (5,240m)
Wake up early morning and head towards the Kang La pass, the pass connects us to the regular Annapurna circuit route. The pass provides a magnificent view of Pisang peak, Annapurna II, Gangapurna and Tilicho peak. After spending some time at the pass descend down pastureland and yak herders camp to Ngawal on the Upper Pisang route to Annapurna Circuit trek. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 10 Ngawal to Upper Pisang.
Set off early for the last few hours of trekking to reach Pisang. The trail is wide and comfortable and passes a beautiful lake just outside Pisang. Overnight in trekkers lodge.
Day 11 Drive from Upper Pisang to Kathmandu.
Trek downhill and hop into a Jeep and drive to Kathmandu. The drive back to Kathmandu takes around 8-9 hours. Enjoy a hot shower and the luxuries of the city once again. Spend the evening shopping for souvenirs or just relax in your hotel rooms. Overnight in hotel
Day 12 Depart Kathmandu.
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Trip Type Trekking
Best MonthsMarch, April, May, September, October, November
Lean MonthsJune, July, August
Not RecommendJanuary, December
Prices & Dates
• All airport and hotel transfer by private vehicle.
• Half day sightseeing with entrance fee accompanied by a local guide as per itinerary.
• Accommodation in above listed or similar hotels in Kathmandu and in local village lodges/tea house during the trek.
• Only breakfast during the stay in Kathmandu and 3 standard meals including 3 coffee/tea during the trek.
• One welcome/farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
• Experienced English speaking local guide along with porter(one porter for every two pax) during the trek.
• Guide, porter and trekking staff insurance.
• All necessary paper work and permit (TIMS/ ACAP)
• Hire of sleeping bag on request with minimal cleaning charges.
• All Government taxes and service charges.
- Nepal entry visa(can be obtained on arrival upon paying US$50 per person requires 2 pp. size photos).
- International flight to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner or any other meal not specified above.
- Personal Travel Medical Insurance(we strongly recommend to purchase travel medical insurance that covers rescue and evacuation).
- Personal expenses such as bar, beverages, tips and gratuities, laundry, telephone, battery recharge, etc.
- Hot showers during the trek.
- Any extra cost incurred due to changing the itinerary, like early return from the trek.
- All other personal expenses not listed in the included section
3-4* hotels in Kathmandu and in trekkers lodge/tea house during the trek