Jaigaon – Phuentsholing Office
Travel Agent in Phuentsholing
Phuentsholing is the border town in south west Bhutan, adjoining with the town of Jaigaon in the Indian state of West Bengal. Phuentsholing continues to serve as a harbinger port to the development activities in Bhutan. Due to its strategic location, Phuentsholing has become one of main industrial and commercial town in Bhutan. Along with Phuentsholing, Jaigoan has also grown into stature. These two are thriving shopping center for Bhutanese and Indian alike. With growth in tourism in Bhutan, Phuentsholing rose in prominence due to its proximity to places of interest in western Bhutan and as a port of entry and exit by Land. The only other ports of entry and exit by land in Bhutan for tourists are Gelephu and Samdrup Jongkhar .
Jaigoan and Phuentsholing are also close to popular places like Darjeeeling, Kalimpong, Sikkim, Karkarbitta (Nepal border) and many of North Eastern Estates of India. Also in its close proximity are beautiful tea estates of Duars or Doors region and several Forest reserves and National Parks of West Bengal. As many of guests (clients) incorporate Bhutan trip along with visit to some of these places, and for logistical reasons, Wind Horse started Phuentsholing office at the end of 2010. Having an Office in Phuentsholing enhances our operation and provides number of advantages for our guests.
- Travelers passing through Phuentsholing can be assisted with transit procedures, such as getting exit stamps or entry stamps
- Assisting in connecting with the guides and representative who take you to next destination
- Assisting in finding local hotels or taxis
- Recently when our guests showed up at Phuentsholing with invalid Indian Visa, we were able to assist in getting Indian visa from local consul office on special request.
- There are sometimes road blockade from land slide or constructions and in such cases our phuentsholing office is able to provide vehicle on the other-side
- Sometimes there unannounced political strikes enforced on the Indian side, preventing you to travel. In such cases, our office in Phuentsholing will find alternatives means and assist where possible.
- Rarely but sometimes there are cancellation of flight for few days in a row, then Phuentsholing office can manage the transfer of guest from Paro to Bagdogra airport and connect with a flight from there.
- In addition to acting as a go in between our India, Nepal and Thimphu offices, Phuentsholing office functions as Support team for Sales office in USA and Europe, accessing important and urgent emails.
Phuentsholing and Jaigoan towns not merely a transit point. It has it own charm being the frontier town with mix of people from both sides wearing different dresses going about shopping for clothes and food. Hustle and bustle, glaring horn, congested traffic, give way to any typical town in India, however, diametrically different than otherwise clean and less chaotic Phuentsholing. Also there are few things to see and do when in Phuentsholing.
- Visit Zanthopelri temple located at the heart of the town
- Visit daily vegetable market on the bank of river Doothi
- Kharbandi Gompa, a charming small monastery located on the ridge, provides panoramic vista of Phuentsholing and Jaigoan town.
- Join in to the evening or morning walk in the raised embankment of river Doothi.
- Light hike to Dhamdara to stretch your legs
- Stroll through the tightly packed alleyways of Phuentsholing town
- Visit to super market, which incorporate vegetable market, meat market, clothes shops and it remains action packed and vibrant from 8 in the morning till 8 at evening.
- Catholic Church in Pragati Tol.
- Tamang Monastery in Gompa road.
- If you are in Jaigaon on Tuesday or Saturday, there is a open market in Mangalbari, 2 kms from Jaigoan